• Just because I do a bong-hit and grab my can of Swedish nicotine candy (“Snus”) does not mean I’m taking you for a walk.
It just means the odds have gone way up.
• It’s Society that makes me leave you in the morning to go to work. Society, dammit.
• You should poop on undeveloped and abandoned lots, or at least ones without cars in the driveway, or ones with cars that have “Co-exist” bumper stickers.
And if I do remember to bring a poop bag don’t you dare double-shit me!
• Other dogs have a right to exist.
I’m afraid he’s never going to learn this–too many vague abstract concepts involved.
• Only chase cats that run from you.
He already knows this, actually. He just goes through the motions of aggression towards cats who don’t run. His real hatred is for his own kind.
• People get maudlin when they’re drunk.
So just put up with it.
• If you want to scratch in the middle of the night, get the hell off the bed.
Then come right back, I need you.
• If you have to bark in the middle of the night don’t go from zero to ninety decibels instantaneously.
Crescendo, please. Let me know it’s coming.
• Fireworks are meaningless.
Save your concern for gunfire. Try to learn the difference because I’m not good at it and I kinda wanna know.
• Not while I’m driving!
You can jump on me when we pull in our driveway; but not every stop is our driveway dammit!
• Every expedition must begin with a “Shit, I forgot my [fill in the blank]!” followed by a quick turnaround and a backtrack indoors. So just expect it.